Sunday 28 December 2014

The feeding of the five thousand...well, lots of us anyway!!

Eden left today for a few days to visit some of Oscars relations in Essex with him and his Mum and siblings.
Gosh, was that only this morning? It feels so long ago!
After she'd gone Callum was an absolute star and cooked up some sausage rolls and cocktail sausages as we had my friend and her eleven children visiting for tea.
I made a huge trifle and a Yule Log,


 They arrived just after four, I'd got paper and crayons ready so they could draw some Christmas pictures to amuse themselves for a while so the adults could chat but they soon abandoned that and played hide and seek with much running along the landing and shrieking!
Plastic bricks were bought down for the little ones to play with and one of the older lads helped Clark transfer his pictures from his phone to his netbook with great success. We were really impressed as we've been trying to do this for the last three days!
It was a really lovely visit. We are going to theirs next Friday which I'm greatly looking forward too.
Her youngest was one years old on Christmas Day and is a lovely cheeky little lad.
Baby number twelve is due on March 15th and as my friend is an avid knitter we had a lovely conversation about the things she's already knitted as she knows this one is a girl.
I've had this one my needles for the last couple of days.



I've just cast on a second one this time it's a pink frill with a white body. My Mum asked me to knit a couple for my second cousin in Germany who had a baby a couple of months ago making it my third cousin I believe! Not sure how all that works!
Tomorrow I've got another friend visiting with her four children, all boys, so more sausage rolls are called for as well as more cuddles as her youngest is only seven months old.
It's a dirty job but somebody's got to do it!!


10 comments:

  1. That yule log looks delicious, it's something we usually have at Christmas but we haven't bothered this year. Love the little cardi, the frill makes it so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cousin thing works like this: we all know a 1st cousin is your aunt/uncle's child. Your child and your 1st cousins child are second cousins to each other. The two second cousins' children are 3rd cousins to each other. If your 2nd cousin has a child, that child is your second cousin once removed (1 generation removed from you). Complicated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Attila, I've heard the "once removed" expression before. That does make sense to me.

      Delete
  3. What a load of kiddies, they must keep her on her toes. But what fun on Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That certainly kept me on my toes for a couple of hours!

      Delete
  4. Wow! What a house full you had.How does she cope with so many every day? I guess she must be a lot more organised than I ever was with my 5. I love hearing about big families and enjoy watching the Duggars and also the British version of 15/16/17 Kids and Counting. It's the little ins and outs of everyday life that fascinate me. The choc log looks absolutely delicious and the little cardi is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also love watching those programmes too Helen. They are fascinating. X

      Delete
  5. Looks gorgeous! Emma has been trying her hand at Yule logs this year. Rather successfully too. Being a large family is certainly interesting isn't it. I don't think I'd be able to cope with a Duggar-style family though. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I was always on the go but my friend is non stop, the speed in which she can change a nappy has to be seen to be believed.

      Delete