Tuesday 9 February 2016

Pancake Day

Cody helped me make some at dinnertime.




Eden has decided that she is going to get a car, she wasn't going to bother because she's off to Uni in September and as she'll be on campus for the first year she won't really need one.
She was looking at some last night and looking at insurance on a couple of them and the insurance would be about £70 less a month than I will be paying on mine for her, mainly because mine is a 1•6 engine. Hers will be a lot smaller. On one she was looking at the Tax would only be £30 a year. She's looking at getting one with 12 months MOT and then hopefully selling it just before she leaves so she can get some money back on it.
I went to pick her up from school today and she drove back.
She's getting more use to my gears and I think I only held my breath the once!

7 comments:

  1. She's braver than me! I passed my test first time at 19 and have never driven since! I'm a scaredy cat !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel that did make me laugh.I passed first time at 22 but then rode a motorbike for 2 yrs. Couldn't afford a car!

      Delete
  2. Driving and owning a car is so expensive for young ones, I think it should be part of their education, I was 26 when I learned to drive and to honest I dont know what Id do without my car. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my car, I've only had my own for 6 months although I passed my test at 22! Always shared Hubby's, although I suppose I'm now sharing with Eden! Not for too long I hope though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum yum, I love pancakes. Congratulations to Eden. I passed first time too but I hate driving. I have a car but I don't go far in it, only a little further than my own little town but I think it's very handy to be able to drive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm lucky to do 20 miles a week in mine Jo, but it's there if I need it and it's mine, no moving the seat everytime you get in it or having to clear out somebody else's rubbish, only mine!

      Delete
  5. We dont 'do' pancake day, but then we eat a lot of pancakes all year,lol.
    Well done to Eden, thats amazing xx

    ReplyDelete