Monday 19 May 2014

Behind the scenes

We have a bit if a bullying situation going on in the road. Four Mums will now not let their children out, including me as their children have been bitten, pushed off walls (Cody) and just generally had abuse hurled at them.
I've not  blogged as I absolutely hate bullying and didn't want to turn my blog into one long rant. There's so much more than this that has gone on but I'd being posting something rather boring to a lot of people if I wrote it all !
I will post more but I need to be calm and over this last week that is something I've not been.
This child is eight! Yes, eight! Nothing can be done, she's underage, I can't have a go (although I have and so did the Dad of the bitten child!) The law has gone mad, the girls parents couldn't give a damn! I wouldn't mind but she doesn't even live in this road she just comes here to bully all the little ones.
I don't want my boys to hit back I want them to walk away, although sometimes I do wish they would come home and tell me that they'd punched her. I would point out the error of their ways but be secretly pleased! Is that bad?
There's more gone on but I just get so angry even thinking about it. I have rung the neighborhood police to find out what I can do and stay within the law at the same time which is basically nothing! If I shout, swear or threaten her she can call the police and I could be in trouble.
I want to get her by the scruff of the neck and make her clean my loo with a toothbrush!
Onto lighter things, two cakes that Clark made last week, a Victoria sandwich and a gorgeous lemon cake,



Life goes on and cakes are still baked!

12 comments:

  1. I don't think it's bad at all. When our children hurt we hurt too, and it sometimes brings out uncharitable thoughts. This country is going mad, an eight year old being allowed to rule the streets, what's the world coming to? On a brighter note, Clark's cakes are amazing, I'll have a piece of each please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was amazed when I spoke to the police Jo. Basically the four Mums are keeping an eye out for each other and tell each other when she's in the road and we get the children in. Hopefully when she realises nobody will play with her she won't come round this way anymore!
    As to the cakes, the lemon one was definitely my fave x

    ReplyDelete
  3. No wonder you've not been blogging, what goings on in your road. How does an 8 year old come to have so many bad behaviour problems? What a weird world we live in.
    As for the cakes your son is a star cake baker!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been more annoying than anything. I would love to discipline other peoples kids as I do mine but you don't get thanked for it!

      Delete
  4. You think the police might have gone round to put the wind up the parents.
    I just fancy a slice of cake. Carrot cake is my favourite, boys :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The policewoman I spoke to seems to think that's there's nothing she can do unless the girls parents come and give anyone trouble, then they could have a word.

      Delete
  5. It's terrifying what kids get up to and how they can ruin others' lives. Your kids sound so lovely - I don't blame you for keeping them away! Try not to get too stressed about it. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Em. Mine aren't perfect but I've tried very hard to install them with good principles and morals!

      Delete
  6. Unfortunately this little girl sounds like the product of her parents making. She behaves in a way that obviously her parents think is acceptable and not given any boundaries by them as to the consequences of her own actions. Shame the local beat cops aren't around anymore we certainly wouldn't of gotten away with such behavior as children. We were too worried about the our parents finding out. Hopefully she will eventually get bored of no one being out when she comes looking and will move on else where although that doesn't completely address the problems she has. Cakes are lovely and I think the lemon one would be my favourite too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mitzi, it is a shame the local bobby isn't about You are right, she comes from a family that really doesn't care. I would feel sorry for her if she wasn't so mean!

      Delete
  7. Firstly lovely cakes :). Bullying is a tricky one, hopefully it will blow over soon.

    ReplyDelete