Thursday 11 August 2016

Today's dog walk

I've managed to change my working hours recently so that I have three Thursdays a month off.
So we decided to walk the dogs early before it got too hot. Malc and Clark took the two Staffies out as any longer than 30 minutes of running around leaves them panting and as much as I love them I don't fancy giving them the kiss of life!
The little dogs seem to be able to take the heat more although they still only had 45 minutes. I really don't want to pay vets bills for dogs that have collapsed through heatstroke when it can be avoided.
So we took them to some heathland just down the road from us.
We didn't meet anyone and walked through this glorious heathland.
Everyone up ahead which is the norm as I'm a slow walker!


It goes on for miles


So much gorgeous purple Heather


Soloman and Cody


When we got home we all had an ice cream out of the freezer and I did the dogs a big bowl of cold water complete with ice cubes.
I've spent the afternoon knitting my fourth strip for my refugee blanket. I hope to start sewing them together tomorrow and then crocheting a border round it.
I've also made this Dorset Apple Cake which has already been cut!


Tonight we are going to a local park where we can see the town fireworks being let off at 10pm. We take down a drink and some snacks and the children play in the playpark with a couple of their friends that we take with us until they are let off.
Good fun is had by all.

1 comment:

  1. How lovely to have walks like that near you. That cake looks delicious!!!!

    ReplyDelete