Tuesday 21 January 2014

Feeling Flat

That's how I've been feeling these last few days. We were really busy again at the weekend, mainly doing stuff for the children! Lifts to and from places, friends staying and friends to tea. I feel like I'm running around after everybody and nobody's running after me!
To top it all I seemed to pick up a tummy bug late Sunday night, I had to do some stuff for Mum on Monday and I didn't want to let her down but how I did it I don't know, I was so tired!
Last night was Cubs, so Malc, Clark and Soloman trotted off. I managed to watch Winter watch which cheered me up no end.
Today I managed to do my leaflet round before the rain came which again is good news.
Then I attacked an overflowing basket of ironing. that took nearly two hours. We had late lunch, I managed to finish off another pair of bedsocks
They look quite grey , they are in fact a denim blue color.
We then went to pick Eden up from school as she stayed behind to do some extra work for her textiles coursework.
I'm now waiting for tonight's episode of Winterwatch  to come on and I've started a pair of welly tops as part of my friends birthday present as it's her birthday at the beginning of February.
Tomorrow's going to be busy as well, it's Edens 16th birthday on Thursday and Callum wants to make her a cake!

8 comments:

  1. You need to put your feet up for a wee while and take just a little time for yourself x
    These boys of yours with their cooking, baking and knitting are going to be real handy to have about the home when they grow up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to try to get a couple of early nights and see if that helps x
      The boys will make better "wives" than my daughter will!
      In this changing world of women working and "house husband's" they at least will be prepared!

      Delete
  2. I'm with Dreamer. It is a joy to see boys cooking and knitting. You should be very proud of them
    Gill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gill. I am very proud of them, particularly Calllum who will get his knitting out anywhere and doesn't care what people say or think!

      Delete
  3. Hope you're feeling better soon. I think we all have these periods when we're feeling a bit down, but then to get a bug on top of it is no fun at all. Eleanor will be 16 in July so she and Eden will be in the same school year. Eleanor has taken Textiles as one of her options and is really enjoying it. We went in to Leeds at the weekend to buy some material she needs to make a dress she designed as part of the course. If I was her I'd have designed something really easy, knowing I was going to be graded on it, but not Eleanor, she's gone for the most complicated thing with stiff red netting underneath the skirt. The dress itself is in three parts. I don't sew so she can't come to me for advice, I just hope she knows what she's doing. The bed socks look great. I sometimes knit long socks with seams, I've got a great Sirdar pattern for them, but I do like to use dpn's as I hate sewing up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jo, they sound very similar as Eden has done the same thing. We've just been to her parents evening and her textiles teacher told us she's picked three difficult materials to work with but it does mean she'll be marked higher. I hate sewing too! Unfortunately I've tried using dpn's but it didn't go that well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No wonder you're feeling out of sorts, all that rushing around after everyone else and not even taking time out when you're properly ill with a stomach bug. I do hope you're feeling better today and managing a slightly less stressfull load.

    That's another lovely pair of socks. I weighed what wool I had left from the sock I'd knitted that was way too big and I have enough for a whole pair of the smaller size so I've made a start on them. The heel went so much easier since I'd already done one, so at least that first attempt wasn't completely wasted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Helen, I do feel much better today. I've just started another pair of bedsocks, I've just received an order for five pairs in two different sizes so that'll keep me out of trouble for a while!

      Delete