Wednesday 29 January 2014

Moving On

Very stressful and emotional couple of days. The young lady who collapsed at Edens party has said she tested positive at the hospital for heroin. She swears she didn't take it but things just aren't adding up. The effects were not of that drug for starters!  This lead to Eden and I having words last night. I'm really not happy about a lot of things but I'm having to let things go as it's not my daughter and we all handle things in different ways. I would be calling the police and trying to find out who gave this to my child if it were me but nothing like this is happening. The girl is back at school and it's like it never happened! Really weird!
Anyway, like the title says, moving on!
More therapy,
I have started knitting a round neck jumper for Soloman, it's an aran color but it's double knit wool and it's knitted in fisherman's rib.

 I've had this wool for ages. I love knitting with a big ball like this as you're not making joins all the time,
I've done another couple of inches since I took this picture yesterday, it looks so lovely but it's so easy, my kind of pattern!
Not a lot of other news, shopping day today, so there is food in the house again!
Tomorrow we're hoping to go out with the dogs and run some errands. The weather is meant to be quite good so I'm hoping to take a picnic. I think a fun day out is long overdue.
I'm going to put a slow cooker on too so we'll have something lovely,warm and filling when we get back.
My favorite kind of day!

10 comments:

  1. Hope you are right about tomorrows weather- have a good time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, you'll soon hear about it if I'm not!

      Delete
  2. Very strange indeed but, like you say, you have to let it go and move on. Hopefully the lesson about the dangers of drugs will still have been learned. Hope the weather down here is good tomorrow as I have to go out for my volunteering around 8.15am.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope the weather's good for you then x what volunteering do you do?

      Delete
    2. Funnily enough I do admin work at the Dover District Volunteer Centre. I answer emails, take phone enquiries, stuff envelopes, update the database etc. Basically anything that helps match potential volunteers with organisations that need them.

      Delete
    3. Sounds good. It must be very rewarding to match the right people to the right organizations as you know yourself how important volunteers are

      Delete
  3. I too hope for good weather tomorrow. We had bright sun again today although heavy rain was forecast. Ben had 3 runs out in the sun. Drugs are a insidious evil, we can only pray that lessons were learned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goodness me, three runs! What a lucky dog! Ours are only walked once a day but they usually have around an hour.

      Delete
  4. as hard as it might be, moving on sounds like what you need to do, since things are clearly out of your hands at this point... probably easier said than done though...
    the white sweater is going to be gorgeous!!
    -melissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Melissa, things are much more settled now x

    ReplyDelete