Sunday 20 April 2014

Chocolate for breakfast!

That's how the day started! In years gone by I used to make the children have a proper breakfast first, Eden,Cody and Callum did but Soloman and Clark couldn't wait to get stuck into their stash!
Nowadays I pick my battles with them, I have things I'm not so worried about, things I don't like but will negotiate on and then there's the things that under any circumstances I will not have, so nowadays I can let some things go otherwise I would be arguing all day with them.
Eden had her singing job at church this morning, when she got back we had a quick lunch and then waited for our visitors to arrive.
Callum was pleasantly surprised and had a great time catching up with his friend whilst we chatted to her mum, who is lovely.
They left and we had tea and baths and then we had another surprise visitor in the guise of Chris, our church Youth worker who'd brought the children an Easter Egg, he stayed for a while.
Malc and I have just peeled and chopped the veg for a roast dinner tomorrow as we've got my Mum and Dad coming for lunch. Unfortunately we've got to work tomorrow morning but it'll only take about one and a half hours to complete the job. I thought if we did all the food prep tonight we'll have a head start on the cooking for tomorrow.
I'm off to do some knitting, I'm doing a chunky knit cable jumper for Callum so there should be some pictures of how I'm getting on in my next post.

4 comments:

  1. I pick my battles with them, I have things I'm not so worried about, things I don't like but will negotiate on and then there's the things that under any circumstances I will not have

    Such wise words. I think all new Mums should be given a card with these words printed on it! Otherwise we have to learn by experience. I worked it out first and I would remind my husband of a line from a Stephen King novel "Don't sweat the small stuff".
    I think you are a great Mum Bridget.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kath, that was such a lovely thing to say x

      Delete
  2. It's always chocolate for breakfast here on Easter Sunday, well, it is for Eleanor, she can never wait to get stuck in. Hope you've had a lovely day today, despite having to work this morning.

    ReplyDelete