Wednesday 10 September 2014

Good news

Eden rang me this morning to say that about 30 girls out of her year were called out to a meeting this morning.
Apparently they all didn't do as well as they were predicted in their English exam and the school have found out that they were all marked by the same person so the school feels this person was overstrict with their marking.
The upshot of it is that the school are sending all their papers to be remarked and the school are paying for it. One girl was under by 11 marks so hopefully Eden will go up a grade with only 2 marks to find.
So we've just got to decide if we want to have astronomy remarked which luckily was the cheaper one.
Today has been the usual round of cleaning for N and Mum. I reheated the crofters pie for Mum and Ed before I left so that they'd eaten lunch.
We then went shopping, got home and unpacked.
I then made these, one for Mum and Ed, that's lunch sorted for tomorrow.


Our slightly bigger one. So that's our tea sorted for tomorrow too


I had a phone call today which did make me laugh. Apparently A & E got in touch with our local community clinic about Clark's broken arm, a nurse in turn rang me to find out which school he went to so they could inform the school nurse in case he needed extra care during school time.
When I explained he was homeschooled she said that was why he couldn't be found, they'd been looking everywhere for him on the local schools registers!
I said that I had told A & E he was homeschooled and she commented on their lack of communication, I could only agree with her!
Off to get out my crochet.

8 comments:

  1. I hope you manage to get the results sorted and Eden gets a higher grade, its an awful thing for her to have gone through if they are proved to be wrong. Willows teacher thought her whole class had been marked low on their sats and another friend from a different school thought the same about theirs, I know its not as important but it is to the kids! Quiches look tasty as usual :-) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen x It's important to Eden as then should would have all A*'s and A's which was her own poersonal goal

      Delete
  2. That's good news. I hope it all gets sorted out in Eden's favour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you can laugh about it Bridget! That Crofter's pie looks delicious.....x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Em. If I didn't laugh about a lot if things that happen here I would spend half the day crying!

      Delete
  4. I hope the re-marking goes in Eden's favour. The pie looks lovely, do you have the recipe or a link to it, please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen. I'll write out the recipe in my next post x

      Delete